Saturday, June 6, 2026

Summer poem

This first day of summer

Looking out the window, I see the sky sprawling

Cascading pure blue and empty

With a million leaves arcing upward against it

Soaked in light and saturated in life

And I know I will die on a day like this

Just like the day two years ago

When the sky yawned blue and clear and full

And I layed in bed wanting nothing

And begging for God to take his weary angel home

And just like the day two years from now

When it will be closer than it ever was in the past

And in that moment I will have longer to live than I ever will again

Feeling that giddy precipice approaching

Feeling it like stormclouds in the distance

Knowing that this weary angel will not be asked permission before he is blown away

Just like everything else, when that great blue reaches down and soaks this all

As clear and full and empty as it now is sprawling above me out the window

With a million green leaves pressed up against it

And I know I will die on a day like this

Pure pale blue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Notetaking

Peut-ĂȘtre que rien jamais [Perhaps nothing ever] love between small toy animals made of felt and wire quatuor pour la fin du temps "the...